Sunday, March 16, 2014

Today Ava Refused A Nap

I'm not sure what it is but I can never seem to get you down for a nap. And if I do, it's a short one. 

Mom on the the hand can can get you down with a snap of her fingers and you'll be out for two, three, sometimes upwards of four hours. 

St. Patrick's Day is tomorrow and my German blood really could have used some of that Irish luck. 

Mom was working an open house so it was just the two of us this afternoon. After showing obvious signs of being tired, sitting on the couch staring blankly at the TV and tugging at your ears, I thought the time was right. 

We went back to the room and tried to lay down. Couldn't have been 30 seconds and you were crawling over top of me and down the side of the bed. Back out to the living room it was. 

"Ava are you tired? want to go to the room?" I asked. A simple response "Nope." 

I replied, "Last chance, you can take a nap or we can go to the grocery store." 

"Nope." 

Okay then, grocery store it was. I thought for sure you'd pass out in the truck on the way or at least in the store. 

Not a chance ... 

After we got home and the groceries away it was one more trip back to the room to lay down before mom got home. 


You asked for Mickey and laid your head down on the pillow. A few times you even rolled onto my chest and laid there like you did as an infant. And once even used my belly as a comfy pillow for a better angle at the TV.

 Yes! You're going to fall asleep!

As you would say "Nope." 

After ten minutes or so you popped up, slid off the bed and ran to your slide. Play time. 


Once mom got home we realized there were a few things we needed to get that we couldn't at Aldi so we made a quick WalMart run. 

No sooner did we step into the store than you fell asleep in moms arms and stayed asleep the entire time we were there.

It would have been so much more comfortable for you to sleep when I asked you to. 

Just answer me this: What do you have against me and nap time?

No comments:

Post a Comment