Thursday, March 20, 2014

Today Ava Read Her Caterpillar Book

In keeping with the spirit of your complex words, I asked you to read a book to me tonight. 

I feel guilty admitting this, but I asked you to read it to me so I could rest my voice.

Honesty is the best policy, right?

After about the 7th time through "The Very Hungry Caterpillar" I needed a break. 


"Ava, why don't you read it to me?" I asked.

You were quick to oblige and went right back to the front of the book.

Mom told me you knew some of the words. Not that I doubted her but it was cool to see for myself. 

You pick up on certain gestures that we use when accentuating parts such as the "pop!" when the caterpillar hatches. 

You know the egg lays on a leaf in the light of the moon and then flipped the page. Included in some gibberish was the word "sun" and suddenly your right arm flew up and you yelled "pop!" when the caterpillar hatched from its egg. 

There's a part where the caterpillar eats too much and at the end they say he had a stomach ache. At that part I always pat you on the belly and say "His tum tum hurt!" 

When you got to that point in the book, you patted your stomach and said in clear as day English "Tummy hurt." 

Mom and I were astonished. She looked at me and said "I've never seen her do that before." 

Neither have I. 

Aaaaaaannnnnnndddddd if you watch this you'll see everything I mention above. 


No comments:

Post a Comment