Sunday, August 17, 2014

Today Ava Drew Smiley's

Following a very humid morning hike we let you toss rocks into the water one final time before checking out of the rooms. 


Time to head back to reality. It was nice to disconnect and get away for a little bit.

But, before making the road trip back to Canton we stopped at Aunt Holly and Uncle Shawn's for lunch. It was a nice break from the drive and good to see Uncle Shawn since he was unable to join us for the weekend due to work obligations.

We got back on the road around 3:30 and before you knew it the two hour drive was over and we were back in our driveway. Vacation over.

As much as you enjoyed yourself this weekend I think you were ready to be home. We didn't even set our bags down before you already had your markers out and were coloring in one of your books. 

At one point you pulled out your sketch pad and I looked down to see you draw your first "smiley." 



I couldn't believe it when I saw it. Admittedly, I had kind of lost focus and was staring blankly at the TV. You were being good and just playing. I guess I should have been watching you!


All summer long you've asked mom and me to draw your smiley's and now we're no longer needed.

You were so proud. And rightfully so!

You're just growing up too quickly! Way too quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment