Friday, August 22, 2014

Today Ava Went Bowling for the First Time

I was working late tonight when I got a text from mom "How about bowling tonight?" 

That sounded like a great idea to me. Something different and something both of us felt you'd enjoy. 

When I finally got home we ate a quick dinner, called around to find a sot with open bowling and toddler-friendly ways to bowl, and we were out the door. 

Initially you refused when we asked you if you want to go bowling "I no want to!"

But, you say that to a lot of things and rarely do you mean it. 

We got a lane with bumpers (which would prove useful to mom and me too) and a ramp for you to push your ball down. 



Though you didn't get any strikes, you really had fun. 

Once the ball was released, you'd stand at the ramp and watch until it struck the pins. 



You insisted on taking the ball from the return to the ramp by yourself. Call me a helicopter parent if you will but I was concerned that you'd drop the little six-pounder on your foot and kept a hand under the ball just in case. It ended up helping out because the ramp was just a tad too high for you to lift the ball up so you could roll it. 

 

 

When it wasn't your turn, you observed mom to pick up some pointers. 

 
That is, until you discovered the "blow dryer." 


Strike a pose to end the game. 


If I didn't know any better I'd say you enjoyed yourself. 

Now keep in mind all of the above was during the first game. The second game, you lost interest and ate your goldfish and counted everything in sight. 

I'm glad I didn't talk mom into paying for a third game like I had hoped to.

No comments:

Post a Comment