Thursday, August 7, 2014

Today Ava Had Blue Ice Cream

"HI DADDY!!!" I heard as I trotted towards first base. 

I turned around to see you pressed against the fence between the third base dugout and bleachers. I gave you a smile and a wave before starting the inning. 

Moment like those make my day. 

It's tourney time for softball. Win or go home. 

We put up a good fight for seven innings but lost a very winnable game. With that, our summer softball season came to a very anticlimactic end.

So, what do you do after a game? Get ice cream of course! 


As we got into the Mazda to head home, mom said "maybe if you ask dad nicely, he'll take you to get some ice cream." 

"Pwetty pwease ...." you said in your irresistible high pitched voice.


I looked at mom and said I didn't have any cash on me. She had a fiver so we'd make that work. 

We pulled in to Country Cones and it took everything we had not  to let you run across the parking lot. 

As we got near the line we let you loose. 

You almost cut everyone in line as you made your way to the window asking for "blue ice cream." 

When it was our turn I held you up to the window and you told the lady behind the window "I want blue ice cream." 

I minute later your wish was granted. 

I'm really not sure if more ended up in your mouth or on your face. 

No worries, though, we can always give you a tubby.

No comments:

Post a Comment