Thursday, August 21, 2014

Today Ava Was Defiant

For all of the good days we have, there'll be days like today. I get that. 

As long as the good far exceed the bad, I'm cool with it.

You didn't want to cooperate with anything we asked or told you to do today. 

What sticks out on my mind most notably from the evening is when we were downstairs - mom was going through some of your old clothes to see what baby sister can wear while you and I played. 

Seemed like a good deal to me. 

You had your tea set and would pour me a cup and yourself a cup then every few minutes offer some to mom. 

After a little while you had an accident and it was time to go upstairs. I asked you to put down your tea pot so we could go clean you up. 

You stopped in your tracks, looked at me and said no. I asked again, giving you the opportunity to correct the wrong but again you refused. 

Suddenly the tea pot went flying across the basement. That's not how we treat our toys or anything else. I told you to pick it up, again you refused, so I marched you over to it and told you to place it gently on your table. 

You cried the whole time, but you did it. You then ran to mom to be consoled.

We don't get a kick out of disciplining you, nor do we do it to purposefully upset you. We discipline you to teach lessons, manners, and respect. 

Call us old school, but there's far to little of that in the world today.

Mom and I were raised with excellent values and we are doing our best to raise you the same - and soon-to-be baby sister the same.




No comments:

Post a Comment