Monday, August 18, 2014

Today Ava Was a Mommy's Girl

I jumped in the car as soon as mom pulled in the garage tonight and we went to Aldi for groceries. Most of the time your excited to see me, today I was greeted with "my mommy" when I looked back to your car seat and said hello. 

I said "Yep, that's your mommy. What about your daddy?" 

"My mommy." 

And the tone for the evening was set. 

We grabbed groceries quickly then made our way back home to do some quick cleaning before an old friend of mine came over to watch the Browns. 

Ryan and I go back to college where we were both in the same fraternity. He lives in Columbus now, but his job has brought him to Canton for four days through November. 

He called me this morning and we made plans to catch the game at our house and grab a pizza. 

On the way home from our grocery run mom got a call from Karen and they have a potential new client that wants to see a house. So, mom had to run to work while we watched the game. 

As soon as she left it was cries of "my mommy" for about ten minutes before I could calm you down with Mickey Mouse on TV. 

All was well for a little while. 

Shortly after Ryan arrived the cries for "my mommy" picked back up. 

You calmed down after a bit and tried some pizza with white dippy do for dinner. 

It was more dippy do, less pizza. I can't say as I blame you though. You've had pizza for dinner three straight nights now. 

After mom and Karen wrote an offer for the house they just showed she was home for the night and wouldn't you know it, you ignored her. 

In typical Ava fashion you wanted mom all night long and you wouldn't give her the time of day when she walked in the door. 

Maybe tomorrow you'll show me some love? 

Daddy power!

P.S. The potty training is progressing. three straight trips to Marissa's without an accident but as soon as you got home tonight we had one. 

Although the accident was followed up by three "Daddy I go potty" and sprints to the bathroom, so that was a plus. 

We've theorized that when you have a diaper or pullup on that you feel comfortable enough not to tell us but when we put "unnies" on, you know the difference and will tell us. 

We're a little nervous but I think we're going to try venturing out in public with "unnies" soon. 

Fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment