Saturday, September 20, 2014

Today Ava Attempted A Photo Shoot

We have a busy weekend ahead of us. 

It began with breakfast ... 


... and continued with an afternoon birthday party for Hadley (the daughter of one of my coworkers) before heading to Shelby for the evening. 

You were very well behaved at the birthday party, running around and playing with the other kids and when it came time for Hadley to open gifts, I held on to you while you were perched on the railing of the deck. Eventually you went and sat with mom but you didn't try and take over the presents - which I was slightly concerned about. 

I was supposed to shoot photos of your friends this afternoon but Marissa had to cancel due to her husband getting called in to work. 

We altered our plans a bit and when Hadley's party was over we headed to the Kingwood Center in Mansfield to take a few shots of you. 

The plan was going smoothly until you fell asleep in the car. We know all to well how slow your wake up process is and I figured we were doomed from the get go. 

We had to wake you up to get you out of the car. 

Every time I attempted to set you down for a cute photo you clung to me, or held your feet off the ground so I couldn't set you down. 

Your mom has all the patience in the world, whereas I have none. I was ready to throw in the towel and go but she convinced me to give it a little time and she softly spoke to you until you were awake. 


Soon you were awake and running around the center. 


We haven't had a chance to get formal two-year photos and were hoping to use this as our opportunity. 

I think we got a few good ones once you woke up.

No comments:

Post a Comment