Sunday, September 14, 2014

Today Ava Helped Make The Chili

Seemingly overnight it went from Summer to Fall ...

And you know what that means - chili!

Mom made plans with Grandma and Grandpa Fenner to come over today to watch the Browns game and we all decided on Chili and grilled cheese for lunch. Not to brag, but the two are kinda my specialty.

We were eating around lunch time which meant we needed to prepare the chili in the crock pot early this morning.

As I was browning the beef and sausage you came over and said "I help you daddy!"

That sweet little voice, how can I ever say no.

Your timing is impeccable, I was just getting ready to add the base and mix the ingredients. A perfect chance for you to help. 



We showed you how to mix the ingredients together and you soon had the hang of it. It may have been a little messy but you did a great job! 

I added the meats while you and mom continued to stir. 



Next come the spices. I'll handle this - or so I thought. You really wanted to be a part of it. My one mistake was to give you the chili powder which you dumped in before I could stop you. 

This could have some kick to it. Time will tell. 

When everyone arrived we sat down to eat. Everyone seemed to like it, including you - who ate ten or so bites from Grandma's bowl. 

Good work this morning kiddo!

I can't wait to see what we'll cook up next!



No comments:

Post a Comment