Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Today Ava Sang A New Nursery Rhyme

You and I made a quick pit stop at WalMart for some dinner ingredients while mom showed a few houses. 

We grabbed what we needed so we could hurry home, start dinner and relax. 

It was on the way out the door when I heard you begin to sing. It was a different beat than what I've heard you sing before. I leaned over the cart as we walked through the parking lot so I could hear you a little better.

You were singing, but like you sometimes do, it was soft and barely audible. 

I finally caught the tune. It was "Mary had a Little Lamb." I smiled knowing you picked up something new and assumed mom taught it to you on her days off. 

A few weeks back she started to sing that to you in the car. You studied her lips and she slowly sang the words to you but it was too new for you to pick up right away. 

I figured it finally clicked. 

"Mary had ... lamb, Mary had soma soma lamb. It snoooooowwww."  is what I heard as we walked. 

I chimed in with the words you were missing and we had ourselves a sing along. 

As I'm sure you've guessed by now I like to record things. Unfortunately I wasn't able to capture this since we were walking through the parking lot. As soon as I put you in the car and got my phone out, you stopped. 

When mom got home I told her about it and her first words were "That darn Mickey!" 

I looked at her confused for a second (it's a normal look she gets from me) and she reminded me about the sing-a-long Mickey that  you've been bringing with you everywhere. 

You press his hand and he'll cycle through a bunch of nursery rhymes. 

This is where mom (and now me) think you picked it up from. 

Either way, it's a new wrinkle in your brain. 

No matter how hard I tried or how much I bribed you, you wouldn't sing it for mom. 

It was a one performance night apparently. No encore.

No comments:

Post a Comment