Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Today Ava Wanted To See Me

I promised you when I left that I'd be home to tuck you in. You said "Okay!" and I handed you off to mom and was out the door. 

NFL Network was at the HOF today to film a special for the announcement of the modern-era nominees. And that means a long night for me - the announcement didn't air until 9 which meant it couldn't be posted on the website until then. 

Mom sent me some cute pics throughout the day, like this one ... 


... When you're this close it's like being at the movie theater!


Since it doesn't say "Daddy's an" above it, I'll chalk this one up to learning experience. 


The fun images subsided as mom dropped you off at Marissa's and headed into the office for the day. 

One thing we've noticed with the change in schedule at Marissa's is that you're not napping which means your getting tired earlier. And that's not necessarily a bad thing. It means you're going to bed at a normal hour. 

After feeling baby sister kick for a few minutes ... 


... I got a warning that I may not be home in time to fufill my morning promise. 


Walking in the house at about 10:15 I figured I missed my shot. 

If I ever want to be wrong about something, I'm glad it's this. As I walked through the kitchen I could hear you yelling "My daddy!" from our bedroom. How can you not smile to yourself hearing this after a long day? 

I shed my computer, wallet and keys and made my way back to our room. 

I was greeting with "Daddy! I want to see you!" 

Day. Made.

No comments:

Post a Comment