Monday, September 22, 2014

Today Ava Was Mommy's Assistant

From all accounts relayed to me, you were a trooper for your mom. 

And trust me, she thanks you for it. 

Mom had a busy day today and due to a late night at work for me I was not able to pick you up from Marissa's. That meant mom would need to take you all over Northeast Ohio with her today. 

Believe me when I tell you she hate doing that to you. 

So much so that she lets you get away with this:


Mom knows the details better than I do but what I know is this - you went from Canton to Hartville ... waited for a closing that didn't happen, then an hour plus drive to the lakehouse near Carrolton for a showing that the client wouldn't even walk in the house, reversing course and making that same drive back to Canton. With a lot of hurry up and wait in between. 

You've already got the makings of a wonderful assistant for when mom becomes the next big real estate magnate. 

 Finally, around dinner time, you and mom were back home and settling in. I get a text from mom in quotes that says "I miss my daddy. I really do." 

As if my day wasn't long enough. I just wanted to drop everything, get home as fast as possible and give you a huge squeeze. 

I was finally in the door at about a quarter after 9 and as I walked into the kitchen you came running at me and gave me the hug I was yearning for.

"Daddy I want to see you." 

That made every minute of the long day worthwhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment