Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Today Ava Had a Day Of Learning

It began with this video from mom:

 

Obviously you're learning, but I also learned two things from this video:

1. Your paying attention to Mickey - and if anyone says it isn't educational, I have undeniable proof that it is. 

2. Repetition truly is the key to learning. Almost every morning you ask me for the "Mickey shapes" episode. DVR is a beautiful thing. 

I also have to say that mom is a fantastic teacher as well. She's bringing the episode to life by molding the play-doh into the shapes from the episode. 

Then, when I got home from work and we were trying to keep you calm in your high chair while dinner finished up, mom pulled out a large sheet of paper with words written out. 

She explained to me that you can read a few words. 

I was blown away and needed to see this for myself. 

She wasn't kidding. 


She then flipped the paper over to more words ... 


Incredible. 

Credit mom. Her work with you is paying huge dividends. She makes the learning fun for you and it really shows. I can't thank her enough for how well she does. You and your sister (and any future siblings) owe your intelligence to her. Lord knows it didn't come from me. :)

After all of the brain games, it was time to let loose a little and head to the store. We wanted to hit up GoodWill and see if they had a cheap filing cabinet for mom's soon-to-be home office in the basement. 

You decided it would be a good place to play hide and seek. 


Or, you ran and hid because there was no bathroom in sight and you had to go. 

Yep, we had our first public accident tonight. Don't get discouraged, we'll get the hang of using the potty! 

One minor black mark on an otherwise exceptional day!

No comments:

Post a Comment