Monday, September 8, 2014

Today Ava Was Mad At Me

I believe I had a look into the crystal ball to your teenage years tonight. 

Mom was out on more showings - some good ones in GlenMoore - fingers crossed - so we were doing our thing at home. 

You begged to watch "Mommy's workout movie." 

I refused at first but looked at he clock, realized we had time for one session before kick off, and put the DVD in. 


Your interest remained long enough for e to capture the pic above. Then, it was on to your dry erase board for some smiley's. 

I let you go for a minute or two and when I was convinced you wouldn't come back to the DVD I turned it off and put football on.

Cue the meltdown ... 

You cried and begged for the movie you weren't watching. 

This is when it happened. You began to crawl backwards down the dark hallway, looked at me and said "I no want to see you!" and continued crawling. 

This is the first time you've ever voiced your frustrations with me. You've gotten upset and cried about things when I tell you no, but never have you told me how you felt. 

I granted your wish and gave you a moment alone before coming to find you. 

I flipped the light on in your room to find you tucked between your closet and crib, holding the bed rails. You looked at me and said "Let me go!" 

We had a little heart to heart and I explained why I turned off the movie and that you won't always get what you want. We don't do things to intentionally upset you.

Soon all was forgiven. 

Then you heard the garage door go up, looked at me and said "Mommy's home. I go hide" and ran behind the recliner. 

No comments:

Post a Comment