Thursday, September 25, 2014

Today Ava Learned Left And Right

I almost wrote this entry before breakfast today but I'm glad I didn't. 

I was watching from the monitor as you began to stir this morning. Suddenly you popped up and I expected to hear cries of "Daddy!" like I do almost every morning.

But instead you swung your legs over the side, climbed out of bed and opened your bedroom door. 

I was amazed. Since we put you in your big girl bed a few weeks ago I was wondering how long it would take you to realize you can just get out. 

I waited at the end of the hallway near the kitchen and when you opened your door you tiredly asked for me. 

I let you know where I was and you sleepily pin balled down the hallway to me. 

Since this countdown has come to an end, I have a new one: how long until it's 2:30 in the morning and I'm awoken to you staring at me in our room? 



Anyway, I thought right then and there that I had my post for the day but it just got better. 

Since we're leaving for Charleston soon to see Uncle Joe we had a few errands to run which led us to Target. 

And to you Target is synonymous with cake pops ... thanks Starbucks ...

There was a bit of a holdup so mom took the cart and began shopping while we waited in line. 

Before she left, mom handed you the "money" - our Target Red Card. 

I'm not sure what prompted me to do so but I asked you to put the card in your right hand (you were holding it in your left), you switched hands and proudly said "This one!" showing me the card. 

I praised you and asked you to put it back in your left. Again, the switch and "This one!" 

Since I was holding you I asked you to show me your left foot. You proudly kicked it out for me 

You got it! 

As we inched closer in line, we could see two cake pops in the glass case. I asked you if you wanted the one on the left (salted caramel chocolate) or the one on the right (double chocolate). 

You picked the the double chocolate. 

With cake pop in hand we went to find mom. 

I let you down and you began to run from me saying "You can't catcha me! Na na na boo boo." 

Na na na boo boo? Where did that come from? I almost fell to the floor laughing. 

Once we got home and changed you into your jammies - of which you insisted that "I look cute" in - I wanted to show mom what you've learned.

I asked her to watch and I stood you up in front of big chair and asked you to show me your left hand. 

Here's the results:


So smart!

No comments:

Post a Comment