Sunday, September 7, 2014

Today Ava Grew Up Right Before My Eyes

Mom and I mention on occasion how you have the mind of a steel trap, remembering things we thought you have long forgotten. 

No longer are you the little girl that I can hold any time I want. You're constantly on the go now. 

No longer are you the little girl that we can say something to and you'll repeat it for a laugh. You are a budding conversationalist. 

No longer are you the little girl that will laugh at my silliness for no reason. You know what's funny and what's not. 

No longer are you the little girl that I can slip and say something inappropriate in front of by mistake. You're a sponge and will remember and repeat everything!

I'll always miss what you were but I love who you are and the girl you're becoming. 

Today, the above hit me hard. It was just something simple but reality struck. 

We were on our way to brunch with my Aunt's and Uncles as well as Alexis, Aaron and Diane when you asked where the moon was. 

Rather than get into the science of it I told you the moon was tired and needed to go to bed that the sun was wide awake now. 

You questioned me once or twice but I stuck to my story and you seemed to believe me. 

Fast forward to this evening. 

You looked out the dining room window to see a big full moon coming up over the horizon. You looked over to me and said "Moon not tired." 


How many hours have passed since I told you the moon was tired?

You even offered the moon your pink blanket, your favorite. I don't even get offered that blanket!


You're growing up so fast, it's a great experience for mom and me! 

Just do us a favor - whatever path you choose, use your intelligence to make a positive impact on this world! It could use a few good people like you.

No comments:

Post a Comment