Thursday, September 18, 2014

Today Ava Was a Gravy Bear

With your new schedule at Marissa's - getting there around 1:00 p.m. or so - naps are hard to come by on those days. 


I'll probably get into trouble for this but a story was told to me by your grandparents once or twice over the years about your mom's nickname growing up - Heather Bear. 

As cute and cuddly as your mom is, the nickname arose for another reason. She could be pretty ferocious if she didn't get adequate sleep and was awoken prematurely from her evening  hibernation. 

Cue Gravy Bear. 

Following some much needed moisturization ... 


... it was off to Miss Marissa's for the afternoon so mom could get into the office. 

We had a phone conversation on your way home and you told me how excited you were to see me and all about your day.

You couldn't get out of the car quickly enough when you saw me in the garage and trust me, after the day I had at work, it doesn't get any better. 

Your energy quickly faded though, and as we packed back up to make a run to Michael's on The Strip you were out cold within minutes. 

You slept on my arm all through the store but woke back up as soon as I put you into your seat. 

The lack of sleep was apparent as you curled up into the best ball you could under the circumstance and were inconsolable the entire 15 minute drive home.

The sobs continued in the house until you had some chicken nuggets and white dippy do. 

That helped stir a short second wind, but it wasn't long until you had a "baby bottle" and rolled over to fall asleep on my chest in the recliner. 

Change is never easy, but I'm certain you'll fall into a routine soon and be able to get a short nap or two at Marissa's.


No comments:

Post a Comment