Monday, September 1, 2014

Today Ava Tried To Inflate A Balloon

I've shared - and hope to continue sharing - the ups, the downs, the dull and the humerus over the past 586 days of your young life. Today will be another one of the latter.

What it really boils down to was a moment of trying to learn, but we sure did have some fun with it.

Yesterday I had cleaned out the pantry before everyone woke up and in doing so need a new place to store some paper plates, plastic cups and utensils. Among those were green and pink balloons left over from your party.

We were putting the items into a new storage tote this afternoon when you came across the balloons. I blew one up for you to play with but that wasn't enough.

Seeing what I was doing, you grabbed another balloon and tried to blow it up yourself.


You have the right concept, you're just not able to make a seal around the mouth of the balloon to inflate it. 

Not to worry, though, if there's one thing I have going for me, it's lung capacity. Whether it be balloons or your inflatable pool, I'm the guy full of hot air to inflate it.

Mom and I didn't care that you were going through balloon after balloon as though they were all defective for not properly inflating.



You were trying so hard and the facial expressions were priceless. 

Once you were convinced all of the balloons had holes in them we went outside to jump on your trampoline and to take a few cuts on the tee. 



I'm quite impressed with your swing! I think we've got something here. 


Just remember, whether the task at hand is thrilling or not - make a game of it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment