Sunday, March 17, 2013

Today Ava Crawled

It isn't your primary source of locomotion, you still use your mom and I to get around, but we've been working on crawling for some time now. 

Learning to crawl is exhausting!
Each morning I set you down in the living room and try to get you to crawl to me. You want to, you really do. You'll usually psych yourself up by clapping for a second or two then you lean over onto all fours. 

The amount of concentration on your face shows us you really want to get this. I think you evven get frustrated with yourself when you fail. That's my girl, don't give up!

You simply lack the coordination right now to put it all together. 

You'll get your hands out, then not move your legs. Or, you'll get your legs going but your arms are like statues moored to the ground.

It's okay though, I'm a firm believer that repetition is key.

Today, after a few tries, you got it all together for a "step" or two. 

We use one of your favorite toys - the blue octopus - as bait. You've loved this toy since the first time we showed it to you at Target. So much so in fact that the one you currently have is your second one. We left your first one in a hotel room in Michigan on a basketball trip. Oops.

This morning I took numerous cell phone videos in hopes of capturing your first valid crawl. I think I got it. 

Baby gates in no time.

Have a look:

No comments:

Post a Comment