Friday, March 8, 2013

Today Ava Went to Work

Your mom has been on spring break all week so you have not been going to Marissa's. Well, we got a bit of bad news on Thursday, and a meeting came up on Friday. The details are not necessary here. 

Your mom had a meeting with the AD this afternoon and since you hadn't been at the sitter's I brought you back to work with me for a little bit.

You are so well behaved in public. We are so blessed with that. 

Anyway, you were asleep in the car seat in our bedroom when I got home and you napped until just before we were on our way out the door. 


I never thought to change you and had to get back to work anyway.  What a mistake that was. 

As soon as I got back to the office I started to take your purple suit off. It wasn't long before I realized something wasn't right. You had messed your diaper and peed all over your outfit. 

Rookie dad mistake for not checking you before we left. 

After a quick change you were passed around the office to my boss and coworkers. You are a hit no matter where we take you. Don't get a big head now. 

After things died down, we sat in my workstation and you were on my lap. I have a dual-monitor setup and I must admit, after nearly ten years of working at the Hall of Fame, I had a first. Working on the left monitor and streaming on of your favorite cartoons - Sophia the First - on the other. 

We had a good time and a short bit later, your mom came and took you to see "Aunt" Kay for a biit then you went home. 

It would have been preferable for the circumstances to be different but I really enjoyed having you in the office for a bit today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment