Thursday, March 14, 2013

Today Ava was Dressed By Dad

By now it's well known that my ability to dress you isn't top notch. Your mom will look at the outfit I've put you in, lovingly tell me it doesn't match, then scoop you up and put you into something that does.

Well, this morning I went for broke and took it upon myself to dress you. After getting you changed and clothed, we walked down the hall towards the living room. To be honest, I was quite proud of my accomplishment. In my eyes, everything matched and you looked cute. 

Loving the ornery look!
I did a good job on this outfit, right?
Let's backtrack a touch. When we first found out we were having a girl, I was scared to death to pick out your clothes. You're void of Aunt's on my side so girl clothes are new to me. 

There was one time when your mom had a recruiting trip to Toledo and while she was doing her thing, I took the car and went to nearby Franklin Park Mall - sidebar to my back story: I used to work at the JCPenney in this mall during my college years. I went into an Old Navy to pick out clothes for you. Well, I went in coaching myself up, saying to myself "You can do this!" over and over again. Probably looked humerus to anyone within earshot - Yes, I was uttering these words aloud. I went in, picked some things out - if memory serves, it was a yellow skirt, white skirt, and a top - and eventually, uncertain of my choices, returned them all about 10 minutes later. It was my first attempt to pick out girl clothes on my own. Unnerving!

Back to the story at hand - when we got within sight of your mom she looked at you and said "A+." Other than recess or study hall, that's the highest marks I've ever received! 

And, since I dressed you, we knew it wouldn't long before the outfit came off. You have a penchant for ruining the clothes I put you in. Today was no different. When I got home from work, you were in a sleeper. 

Like your mom, you must not agree with my style and you have your own way of shedding my choice of outfit.


No comments:

Post a Comment