Friday, March 1, 2013

Today Ava got a Tooth

It's just a little white speck peeking out of the bottom left of your gum, but it's there. 

Today, your first tooth finally reached the surface. It was a slow climb, but it made it. For months we have been speculating that you were teething. The constant drooling, continual chewing of anything you could fit in your mouth were just a few of the symptoms. 

I received a text from your mom this morning telling me that she could without a doubt feel your tooth and also see it. 

I was excited to get home from work and have a look myself. 

You were reluctant to show me, I pulled out my bag of tricks to get you to smile or open your mouth so I could look. I think you were on to me, nothing worked. 

I was able to rub my little finger across your gums and yes, it was there. Among the smooth gum was a little hard bump. 

Eventually I was able to get a little peek. 

On a side note, we often speak of how happy of a baby you are. We're serious when we say this. Out in public you are so well behaved, and tonight was no exception. 

I met you and your mom at Walsh after work and we headed to Ellett High School to watch Twinsburg and Aurora play. You never cryed, fussed, or made a peep. You watched the action and sat in the bleachers playing with your toys. 

Only once, when you were a little more than a month old, did we have an unfavorable  experience at a restaurant. We'll tell you about that at a later time. 

The basketball game was near one of my all-time favorite restaurants - Parasson's - and we decided to grab dinner there following the game. 

My long winded explination as to your happiness leads to this video from the restaurant.



No comments:

Post a Comment