Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Today Ava Liked the Simple Things in Life

It's no secret that I have a problem when it comes to buying you toys. Every time we go to the store you and I make our way over to the toy aisle and you come home with something. 

To my defense, I don't just purchase toys simply to keep you entertained. I make what I think are wise decisions in which I buy toys that not only hold your attention but are also educational. I want you to stay ahead of the curve and be smarter than I am or ever was. It's my fatherly duty to make sure you're better off than we were, right? 

Yesterday, mom came down the hall from your nursery and into the kitchen with a diaper box in tow. On it's way to recycling it was void of diapers but full of Gravy. You loved it. And once she got to the kitchen she stopped and you just sat in it and played with the cardboard flaps for about ten minutes.

Today you got a "new" toy made of old things and it is genius. You can thank your mom, it was her idea. 

You like things that make noise and an empty water bottle can be just that, noisy. You also like them because chewing on the rigid cap helps with teething. At least that's my speculation. Maybe when you can talk you can answer that for me.

Mom took an empty water bottle that you had been playing with and added some more noise. Rice and elbow macaroni to be exact. 

Now, you have your very own maraca. 



So much for buying toys. I think we're just going to give you recyclables to play with from here on out. Maybe I'll write some math problems and historical facts on them to make them educational. 

No comments:

Post a Comment