Thursday, March 21, 2013

Today Ava Stayed Home

But you weren't alone! We're not perfect parents, but we're not dumb. 

Why crawl when you can stand?
We had to attend the calling hours of a co-worker and friend who lost a courageous battle with cancer earlier in the week. I wish you could have gotten know him, I'm sure he would have loved you like he did his own granddaughters. I have many stories from my decade plus of working with him. He will not be forgotten.Your uncles and I and your mom - Feather Henner - will have to share them with you sometime.

We arranged for a sitter, Tracy, who has known you since you were born. She took great care of you and enjoyed playing with you while we were away.

This was the first time that we've left you with a sitter other than Marissa - your daily sitter - or family. 

I wasn't worried about the sitter, Tracy is a great person and genuinely enjoys being around you. What I was concerned about was whether or not you would behave. As always, you didn't disappoint she promised us you were good and that it was a piece of cake. 

Or as we like to say, easy as gravy!

No comments:

Post a Comment