Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Today Ava Was Precious

Tonight I witnessed one of the most precious moments of your young life.

We had some errands to run, getting a birthday gift for Marissa's daughter Liv, grabbing a quick (cheap) bite to eat and capped by a grocery run before Aldi closed. We accomplished all of this and still managed to make it home home by 8:30 p.m.

Don't make me do this, mom.
I began to put the groceries away and your mom started to run a bath for you. It wasn't long and I heard some quiet laughter above the running water and your mom called me into the bathroom. 

I walked in to you standing there giving your mom a giant hug. 

She would try to pull you away to get you into the tub, but you would grip her hoody and pull yourself back into her arms. This happened four or five times in what I can only assume was a combination of being tired and a genuine desire for your mom to save you from the impending dip in the tub.

Naturally, I reached for my phone and began to snap a few quick images. From which, came the gem you see here.

You are too much sometimes. I love it and am so blessed to be your father.

No comments:

Post a Comment