Sunday, March 10, 2013

Today Ava Had Her First Dress Fitting

This morning we met with Father Nick at Most Pure Heart of Mary Church in Shelby regarding your upcoming Baptism. I won't mention how you farted in my arms for all to hear during the meeting or how you spit up on the floor as we were getting ready to leave. Wonderful first impressions.

Your Great Aunt Beth called me earlier in the afternoon and wanted to stop over. She's creating your Baptismal dress and wanted to swing by for a fitting. 

Of course we wanted her to come over. Growing up with brothers, I never would have imagined myself scheduling a dress fitting. But to be honest, it was exciting. 

Aunt Beth arrived around 5:45 and we got to work. We had you outside on the deck for a few minutes so you were in a good mood when she got to the house. 

The fitting went well and we're looking forward to your Baptism!

The one verb I overuse to describe you is adorable, and this afternoon, you forced me to use it again. You looked adorable. 

I can't help myself but to think this is the first of two times I'll see you in a white dress. 

The next time, I'll be walking you down the aisle.


No comments:

Post a Comment