Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Today Ava was Full of Energy

Unfortunately I was not.

We had a full Daddy/Daughter day as your babysitter was unable to watch you and your mom had to work. 

A happy little Gravy.
I was looking forward to this day all week, that is, until I woke up this morning.

I had a nasty cold, sinuses if I had to guess. So I wasn't much fun on our day together.

You were your typical busy self, but I was unable to keep up. 

My physical state doesn't mean we didn't have some fun though. Your mom has told me of your "shouting matches" in the morning when I'm gone. Today was the first time you tested my abilites. 

You began these short little shouts, not out of anger, or annoyance but as a game. 

When I picked up on what you were doing I began to mimic you. You knew what I was doing and would laugh at my attempts to sound like you then shout again, in a different tone. 

We played like this for a few minutes until you grew bored with me then went about playing with your other toys. 

I can't get over how much more aware of your surroundings you are and how your actions are intentional rather than reactions. 

Keep wrinkling that brain little one!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment