Thursday, September 5, 2013

Today Ava Enjoyed The Sun

It was a "Throwback Thursday" for me today that's for sure. 

I was planning on doing my typical routine of coming home for lunch when I looked out the window to my left and saw how nice it was outside. 

I texted mom to see if she wanted to pack lunch and bring you down to the park like we used to last summer. 

Until the weather turned last year, we would frequently meet in the park for lunch, allowing you to get some fresh air and take a walk around the track. 

These are some of my fondest early memories of you - us as a young family enjoying some time outside. 

She liked the idea and soon we were enjoying sandwiches in the sun. It was a beautiful afternoon, not a cloud in the sky and in the mid-70s.

Mom even packed a half sandwich for you - of which you ate the entire thing - and then it was off to play. 

You met two other young kids - Braxton (nearly 2) and Max (18 months) - who you shared your ball and ran around the playground with for a few minutes. 

We often brag of your excellent hand-eye coordination and it showed again today. One of the slides on the playground was an "S" curve f which I rolled the ball down and you excitedly tried to catch it. 

Standing at the end of the slide you waited in anticipation for the ball to come to you. The first few bounced off your head but once you caught your bearings and calibrated the distance, it was game on. Unless it took a funny hop, it was safely in your hands nearly every time. 

As much as I enjoyed walking you around the track with mom last summer, I really looked forward to this day so we could play. 

Everyday is a new adventure and I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment