Sunday, September 15, 2013

Today Ava Hit Play

Tonight as I motioned for your mom to come down the hallway and quietly observe as you watched videos of yourself on her cell phone my mind wondered a bit to thoughts of my youth and how much more advanced technology is. 

To give a little insight into how my mind works, I vividly recall years ago thinking that if I'm ever blessed with children that I will do my best to understand their toys and how they work so that I can enjoy time with them. 

I fear being the clueless parent (and eventually grandparent) that you won't come to when you want to play since I don't understand the technology.

A few things that your Uncles and I had that didn't exist when my parents were young come to mind, one in particular - Nintendo. I remember when Uncle Kris and I were in grade school your great grandma Kessler bribed us that if we got good grades, she would buy us the new video game system. 

We knew otherwise we could never afford one and you better believe that motivated us to bring home high marks.

It took just a few seconds of us quietly observing you to have the above flashback. It was quickly back to reality and simply just stare in wonderment as you watched video of yourself welcoming grandma that mom recorded earlier this morning. 

Grandma Fenner and Aunt Casey came in to town to watch you this afternoon as mom had an open house she offered to work for another agent and I was her security. 

Once we were done we went to dinner at Max & Erma's then it was home for the evening.

We eventually found our way back to our room - the reason why escapes me - and thought you were in tow when we walked back to the living room to relax. 

We heard your "voice" coming from the back room, then a minute later heard it again. Then again, and again. Cue the light bulb - you were watching the video of yourself. 


I went Ninja style down the hall for a peek into our room to find you standing at the foot of the bed, hands full of cell phone and head down watching. Once it ended, your little finger tapped at the play button until it started again. 

That's when I turned to get mom's attention so she could watch as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment