Monday, September 9, 2013

Today Ava Went To Bed

Sounds simple, right? Mom and I were thrown for a loop when you walked her back to your room, pointed to your crib and went to sleep. 

We assumed you might be up until midnight following two 1.5 hour naps today but that wasn't the case. After dinner you looked like a wild child running all over the house yelling and screaming. 

I have to admit, it's humorous to watch. I wish I would have captured some of it on my phone to embarrass you with later. That would have been perfect graduation video fodder. 

At one point in the evening you found mom's makeup brush and made sure all of our cheeks were powdered to perfection. 

About a quarter after nine mom asked you if you were ready for bed, you seemed to be going strong still but quickly changed your direction and headed down the hall towards your room. Mom and I looked at each other perplexed and she followed you down the hall. 

A few seconds later she came back alone and tossed the monitor to me. Looking at it, you were already lying down and sound asleep. 

She told me that when you got to your room you pointed to your crib so she asked you if that's what you wanted and with a noise that resembled "yeah" she picked you up and put you to bed.

We both sat there amazed at what just went down.

Before I conclude this post I want to share a video mom sent me this afternoon. 

Since you have realized that you can open lowe cabinet doors and drawers we childproofed them over the weekend. Or so we thought. 

The consummate problem solver, you've beaten our puzzle and found a way to get what you want. 

Have a look:



No comments:

Post a Comment