Monday, September 30, 2013

Today Ava Expanded Her Vocabulary

Again, mom has been diligently working with you on saying new things. Quite frankly it's time to replace "Mo!" with something new. Maybe we should follow it up with "please."

Two things that I saw - rather heard - the results of tonight is your answer to "Who's my girl?" and "Owl."
Mommy's girl.

She'll hold you close and whisper, "Who's my girl?" At first you'd answer something that resembles "Minnie!"

Tonight for the first time I heard "me!" It wasn't just a fluke as I you say it a more than a few times. I can't help but smile when I see these developments and advancements.

We need to work on "yes." I asked you "Are you daddy's girl?" and all I received in return was a blank stare. I suppose I should just be content that you didn't stat violently shaking your head no. 

You're probably thinking "Owl" is an interesting word to work on. It is, but it all started with a pair of PJs and you know your mom's love of PJs ... 

You have a set of Old Navy jammies with owls on them that have become your personal favorite. When we're folding your laundry you pick those out of the bunch or when you wear them you get really excited. 

We'll ask you "Where's your owl?" and you'll quickly point to your shirt. Capitalizing on this mom began to ask you to day "Owl." It's taken some work, but you're getting that one down as well. 

I took some video this evening and it's evident that you say "Owl" just don't mind the end of the clip, you were okay ...




Maybe we'll begin working on "please" to follow "mo!"

No comments:

Post a Comment