Monday, September 16, 2013

Today Ava Was Tiny Dancer

Far from "Tony Danza" you were "Tiny Dancer" this evening.

Always stretch before dancing!
Mom had a home inspection she needed to be at so you and I decided the nice cool night would be perfect for some home made soup. I picked you up from Marissa's and we headed for Giant Eagle where we picked up the ingredients and headed for home. 

We were hopeful you would be hungry because the recipe made enough to feed a small army. 

You've been finicky as of late with your eating - I think another tooth might be close to popping through - so you didn't have more than a couple bites.

Once we were done with dinner and everything was cleaned up, I asked you "Do you want to go back to your room and have a dance party?" In the way only you can say "yes" I knew you wanted to release some energy. 

We went back and turned on the radio that sits on the bottom shelf of your changing table ad it didn't even take two notes for you to stop digging through your closet throw your arms in the air and start twirling. 

Dance recitals, lots and lots of dance recitals are in my future. Not a doubt in my mind. 


You've added some new moves to your repertoire, most notably the spin. Call me a proud poppa, but the coordination shown by a 13-month old who spins as she dances is rather remarkable.

No comments:

Post a Comment