Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Today Ava Spoke Her Mind

Everything is "dinna."


Solving the complex fridge algorithms.
We had to laugh when you would point to the cats and say it. Then we would remind you that they in fact are not dinner. 

A few days ago you started saying what we thought was "dinner" but quickly transitioned into your go-to word. 

Point at something, it's called "dinna." See someone, they are "dinna." Animals ... "dinna." I think you're smart enough to see the pattern here. 

If we could just get you to cook "dinna" ...

We work diligently with you to teach you words, but we've been working extra hard to break you of this one.

One other thing to note is that I read an article today making the point that you shouldn't post anything of or about your kids online. What it boiled down to is that it removes any ounce of anonymity they might have. 

That really got me to thinking about if you'll appreciate the words in this journal when you're old enough to understand. 

I really hope you will. I explained the purpose of this journal in the first entry but with a lot of family living out of town and out of state it's an opportunity for them to see you grow as well.

I understand the importance of storytelling and allowing for the imagination to take over, but I really think that I would have enjoyed something like this. Especially for the years prior to having the ability to formulate my own memories. 

I've often thought of how long I will keep this daily journal and I believe I just answered my own question. I will continue jotting down my daily memories until you're creating your own.

No comments:

Post a Comment