Friday, September 20, 2013

Today Ava Went to Dave and Buster's

We took you to Chuck E. Cheese's once, so that makes you experienced enough for the adult version, right? 

But before I get into that, I want to share a photo mom sent me this afternoon. You went to the Akron Zoo this afternoon with Marissa and her kids. Their new exhibit, Grizzly Ridge, proved to be a lot of fun for you today. The ears were swimming and playing right in front of the visitors and you really got a kick out of it.


Now, Mom told me yesterday that I have to be out of work on the nose at 5:00 p.m. tonight. That statement gave me a heads up that something was going on tonight, otherwise I would have been clueless. See, I turn 32 tomorrow (I know, I'm an old man) and I'm not too much into surprises or this type of attention.

I hurried out the door and when I got to the house Keith was already here. Clue #2. 

I changed and got ready and out the door we went. Where might we be going? I kept trying to guess for the entire drive. Parasson's for dinner? Nu uh. Indians game? No. Cleveland Aquarium? Nope.

I was stumped, then as we got closer it suddenly dawned on me ... Dave & Buster's!

When we got there, mom had more surprises in store as our friend Sara was there waiting for us and a few minutes later your grandma and grandpa Fenner arrived. 

The seven of us enjoyed dinner and drinks and you enjoyed your fries.


I don't know if you like even numbers, or just need balance in your life but you double fist everything. 

If I hand you one veggie straw, you look at me until I hand you another one. It's like this for everything. 

Grandma put some french fries on your plate and you grabbed a healthy handful with your left hand and quickly realized the right was empty. In a moment you had two handfuls of fries and began gnawing in them. 


After dinner we all headed to the game room. It was getting late, but you were a trooper. There were so many new sights and sounds for you to take in. Though there wasn't too many games at your level, you still had fun. Mom set you down in front of a skee ball machine and you enjoyed trying to roll the ball up the ramp and watching her as she did so. 

Your mom was one heck of a basketball player and she showed us tonight that she still has it. They have regulation hoops in the back and once she got a taste, it was on!

We eventually cashed in our tickets for prizes, one of which was a Gravy-sized playground ball that you clutched the entire drive home, even after you cashed out for the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment