Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Today Ava Was Defiant

Knowing we didn't have much in the house to prepare for dinner, mom suggested we go to a local favorite, Baja Pizza Fish for their special of the day: $2 tacos. 

 We each ordered a couple and got one for you. 

We sat you in a high chair and soon our name was called and our order was ready. Almost immediately you began to try and stand up in your high chair. You put your hands on the sides and lifted your bucket out of the seat. 



It wasn't a huge deal, but we're trying to teach you discipline and get you to know your boundaries. I told you to sit down and you did. I thought we were on to something. But you quickly lifted yourself up again and smiled at me. 

I told you to sit down once more and you complied, only to try and get up again. 

This cycle went on for most of the meal and at one point you lifted up and leaned in really close to me and smiled ... fully aware that you were testing your limits. 

Mom and I wanted to laugh but we know that we need to be disciplinarians when we're teaching you manners and how to behave in public.

No comments:

Post a Comment