Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Today Ava Smashed Her Fingers In the Door

The light was out and the back bedrooms were dark as I made my way down the hall to find you. Mom had asked me to keep an eye on you while she used the bathroom so I obliged and made my way towards you.


Cowgirl up!
Your moving so fast - your run is actually an adorable waddle. Hands flail in an attempt too keep your balance and your butt swivels from side to side to keep up with the pace of your legs. 

When I found you, all I saw were five little fingers between the frame and the door to our bedroom. The door slowly began to close and I fruitlessly yelled "Ava stop you're going to ..." and before I could finish screams came from behind the door. No, this wasn't a haunted house. 

Your little fingers got caught when you managed to close the doors and this one really hurt. The tears were real. 

I scooped you up and consoled you the best I could and mom ran back to see what was the matter. 

I explained and we went to get an ice pack to see if it could sooth your hand. 

Eventually you calmed down and all was forgotten. I don't like to keep memories of pain alive, but when I look back at yesterday the image of your hand and how cute I thought it was before everything went south keeps coming to the forefront. 


No comments:

Post a Comment