Monday, October 14, 2013

Today Ava Read To Herself

Often times we've caught you picking up a book and sitting down to leaf through the pages and "read" it to yourself. 

So this wasn't the first time, but it was darned adorable.  


Jut like everyone else I'm guilty at times of getting caught up in the hustle of the day to really sit back and enjoy the little things. Such was the case tonight as I knew dinner would be ready as soon as I got home and had it on my mind that I needed to get it taken care of. Honestly, I had barely said "Hi" to you before setting you down and turning my attention back to our meal.

Mom and I were in the kitchen when we heard noise coming from the living room. She peeked her head around the wall from the dining room and stood there silently for a minute. She then looked back and whispered "You need to see this."


I went around the other side to see you standing against the coffee table with two books out. In your own language you were content and reading to yourself. Pointing to words and sounding them out with your own little noises then flipping to the next page it was simply adorable. 

It wasn't long before you sensed us and looked up but that moment, as fleeting as it was, served as a reminder to me to never get too busy to spend time with you. These little things are what I don't want to miss about you growing up. 

How about a little ele-fun to end the evening?

No comments:

Post a Comment