Thursday, October 24, 2013

Today Ava Walked To The Sitter's Door

After the last couple of days, I was uneasy about how this would go, but you let me load you into the truck to go to Marissa's this morning. 

It's an 8-10 minute drive and when we arrived I got you out of the truck and to the driveway. 

As we walked, I handed you your lunch bag. 

Then, I thought you might want to take the steps yourself, so I asked. I really shouldn't have been surprised when you practically tried to fold yourself in half to get to the ground. 

I took that as a yes. 

I let you down and you led the way up the driveway and to the front door. 

The bag was tall and you struggled with it a bit. I tried to help, and you refused. You wanted to do this all on your own. 

You only needed a helping hand to keep your balance as you stepped over uneven pavement. 

I'll let the pictures do the talking: 







No comments:

Post a Comment