Monday, October 21, 2013

Today Ava Wanted Out Of The Tub

"Out." 

It's what you tell us when you want removed from your high chair and car seats. Now, bath time ends with those same three letters. 

It's a safe bet to say you know what you want when you want it. 

Mom isn't feeling all that well today so you and I went to the store and picked up the groceries then made dinner. 

Keepin it real on the way to Aldi.
It was a spaghetti night tonight which fit right into our plan of strategically creating messy meals on your bath nights. 

 As you can see, our plan worked to perfection. 


Spaghetti art.

I began to draw your bath as I finished my meal ahead of you and mom. Tonight seemed as good as any to add some bubbles.

We played for a while, getting handfuls of bubbles then clapping our hands together and splashing in the water. I may just skip my shower in the morning. 

Without warning you said "out" and began to stand up. 

Mom and I were caught off guard. We looked at each other perplexed.

Did that just happen? 

It sure did and I looked back at the tub to see you reach for me and try to stand up. 

You made it clear, when your mind is made up there's no turning back.

No comments:

Post a Comment