Sunday, October 20, 2013

Today Ava Woke Up Asking For Dad

I'm smiling as I type this and will go out on a limb to say that I'll smile again when I come back and read it in the future. 

After a long night on the dance floor of Aaron and Dianne's wedding reception we assumed you would take advantage and sleep in.

It's true

I was up early per usual and secretly hoped you might be as well since it wouldn't be long before I was out the door and heading to Cedar Point. 

You may not have been an early riser but what happened later was far better.

At 8:21 a.m. a soft voice whispered "Daddy" from the speaker of the monitor to my side.

Immediately my head swiveled towards the monitor and I heard it again, "Daddy."

Once might have been a fluke, but to hear it twice, I know you meant it. 

I was down the hallway and greeting you before my feet ever touched the floor.

"Good morning, Babe-O!" I said as you tried to hand me your blanket and reached for your Minnie Mouse pillow pet. 

Off to the living room we went for some QT and cartoons before I left for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment