Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Today Ava Played Her Game

Somewhere in the depths of this journal I feel as though I've written about this before. If you're reading this for a second time, oh well, it's worth repeating. 

You get a little "punch drunk" as you tire out from the day and are ready to fall asleep and recharge. 

Silly girl
You ran between us as I sat in the recliner and mom lay on the couch. "She's trying to get your attention" mom said to me as I momentarily turned to catch a second or two of a program on TV. 

As I looked in your direction you squealed and threw your head into mom's lap in excitement.

I turned away as if not to pay attention to you. Slowly your head - with a huge cheeky grin - lifted from the couch as you leaned over it. I could see you out of the corner of my eye looking towards me in anticipation. 

I turned my head in your direction and you practically ran in place you were so excited. Quickly your head was once again buried in the couch. It seemed like "If I can't see him, he can't see me." 

Mom looked at me and said "Remember when you couldn't wait to play with her?" 

How could I forget! Before you were born I was so excited and one day told our mom about how excited I was to be able to be a kid again and play with you.

She reminded me that it would be at least 6 months until I could do that. In the blink of an eye six months has come and gone nearly three fold.

"Well the time is now" mom continued. Happily, we all played your game for a little while longer until you grew tired. 


As much as I want to be sure I'm parenting and guiding you properly through this life, there will always be time to have fun and play!

No comments:

Post a Comment