Monday, October 7, 2013

Today Ava Met Me At The Top Of The Steps

What stands out in my mind from today?

It has to be the excitement you showed and the audible "Daddy!" you yelled as I came into the house this evening. 

It's no secret that one of my favorite parts of the day is coming home from work and turning the corner to see you and mom waiting for me at the top of the stairs. It always serves as a pick-me-up no matter how good or bad my day was. 

Typically you'll jump and giggle as mom holds on tightly so you don't fall down the stairs but today you screamed "Daddy!" as soon as I came into sight. It was one of my prouder moments. 

No photos or video this time, just a moment I'll treasure in my own mind forever.

It just reminds me of how you really making connections to words and objects now and how important it is that we keep working with you and teaching you. 

If I ask you where mom is you run over pointing until your finger touches her. You'll do the same if she asks where I am. You know the names of your stuffed animals, the objects in the basement - most notably the pineapple - and a whole lot more.

Many wrinkles in the brain already!

No comments:

Post a Comment