Friday, October 18, 2013

Today Ava Practiced Being A Flower Girl

A few months ago my cousin Aaron and his fiance Dianne asked us if you would be a flower girl for their wedding. You had barely begun walking when they asked us but we still said yes. You can''t turn family down!

Luckily, as the time has passed since being asked you've really gotten your feet under you and are very balanced and coordinated for your age. 
 
Mom and I are both nervous about how you'll perform tomorrow but deep down, I know you'll be just fine! It was somewhat reassuring to know you'll also be walking with a toddler, so you won't be alone. 

Tonight is the rehearsal so it's your first time to practice.

Time for the first run. 

While everyone was getting situated, mom took you to the back of the church and I crouched near the front aisle. She set you down and said "Go get dad!" 

Much to our surprise, you nearly sprinted down the aisle and right into my arms. 

We tried again, same result. 

You're a quick learner, I think you got this! 

As you can see from the photo above, Uncle Joe made it home from his training in Oklahoma to be in the wedding and really enjoyed seeing you tonight.

Even though you're only 14 months old, watching you as you ran towards me down the aisle I couldn't help but think the day will be here before I know it that I'll be bringing you down the aisle and  saying "I do" when the Priest asks me "Who gives this woman to be married to this man?"

Okay enough, I'm getting slightly emotional as I type this  ... As much as I looking forward to your happiness when that time comes, I'm going to take my time and enjoy every little moment in between.

No comments:

Post a Comment