Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Today Ava Earned a Cone

The sun is setting on "Daddy's truck" as mom and I are looking at options to replace the big red machine. 

I bought the 2002 Ford F-150 in the summer of 2007. Shortly before meeting your mom and long before I dreamed of you being in the picture. It's been good to us - minus the terrible gas mileage. It's mostly my transportation to and from work but that doesn't mean we haven't enjoyed a long distance trip or two in it - ah hem Bristol, TN. 

As you grow it's becoming increasingly difficult for mom to get you in and out of it. So the time is near to part ways. 

I came across a nice looking Jeep Cherokee this morning and we decided to go take a look. 

The vehicle is in Dalton - roughly 20 to 25 minutes away and directly across the street from the Dalton Dari-ette. 

We've passed the icon of Dalton thousands of time in our trips to grandma and grandpa's and even long before that but never stopped. In those thousands of times I've probably pestered your mom many hundreds to try and coax her to stop and get some ice cream. No dice. 

Tonight though, I stood a chance. 


After we drove the Jeep and received some figures mom surprised me when she said to head across the street. Did I just hear that right? 

"I promised Ava that if she was good, she could get a cone" she told me. 

Well then ... my arm has been twisted. Who am I to not reward my well-behaved daughter? 

We parked, ordered our fare and sat on the tailgate for what could very well be the last time.





The chocolate cone you ordered must have been good!


No comments:

Post a Comment