Saturday, May 17, 2014

Today Ava Was The Life Of The Party

We made our way home from Shelby in the early afternoon with fingers crossed that I could mow our hayfield of a yard. 

Mother nature dashed all hopes by providing a day full of rain. 

Needless to say, we spent the remainder of the day indoors. 

Towards the evening I ran back to the back of the house to take my contacts out and change and when I returned I saw "Nakey Ava" standing in front of the TV. 

I looked at mom who just shrugged her shoulders and said "She walked up to me, and asked 'Nakey Ava?' in that sweet voice. How could I say no?" 

She has a point - it's hard to say no when you use that high-pitched sweet voice. You know, the one that's opposite of the "Don't want it!" yell or the "No touch me!" plea or even the commanding "MINE!"

We watched as you rooted through your basket of miscellaneous toys and happily settled on the party favor. It's the one that when you blow into one end the plastic unravels and makes noise as it goes. 


"Are you feeling light-headed?" Mom masked you after a couple of blows. 

With each breath your little cheeks ballooned out and you expelled all the air you had into the party favor with such force we though you might pass out. 

 

You sure know how to keep us entertained on a rainy day!

No comments:

Post a Comment