Thursday, May 8, 2014

Today Ava Took My Phone

There's a viral video going around called "Look Up" urging people to not constantly have their faces buried in their devices. 

I've been guilty of it as we all have and lately I've been trying to be conscious of leaving my phone and iPad in another room when I'm home. 

Home is time for us but tonight I had no choice. It was round one of the NFL Draft and I had some work to do on the social side of things. 

Rock Star Status on the way to Marissa's this morning.
After dinner (hamburgers and baked beans) it was time for the Draft. I was sitting on the floor with my laptop at my side and my phone in my hands waiting to tweet out relative info to those young kids who are about to embark on a new career. 

You wanted nothing more than to read with us and to play, none of which I was able to do. Mom read countless books to you and played while I "looked down." 

There was one moment when I felt the lowest ... you wanted my attention so badly that you walked over and grabbed my phone and said "No phone!" 

That was the worst. I couldn't help it, I had to be on it. Mark my word - I will "look up" from now on when I'm home with you. 

A week from tomorrow I'm taking a vacation day to spend time with you. How does a classic Daddy-Daughter Day sound? Maybe the zoo and some ice cream? 

Life goes by too quickly to miss it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment