Monday, May 26, 2014

Today Ava Used Plural Tense

With the help of your Grandpa and Grandma Fenner and Aunt Casey and Brian we got our hands dirty today as landscaped the front flower bed with new paver stone.



 At least the guys got to work while the ladies enjoyed an afternoon by the pool.


That was too cute not to mention. It didn't matter to you that the water was straight from the hose and freezing cold. 

Hard work deserves a popsicle.
After the wall was in it was time for us to head over to Keith's for a small cookout with his mom and dad.

After we ate and relaxed for a while it was time to come home for the night. Mom went to change you as I was changing in the office. Suddenly you appeared in the office holding two tubes of diaper cream. You looked at me and said "Butt creams!" 

It was just that little "s" at the end that I noticed but you used it correctly. You indeed had two tubes of cream. 

I don't know if I just didn't expect it or just haven't noticed it to this point, but you correctly used the tense. 

After I thought about it, that was the second time today that you spoke in plural tense. 

While we were chilling in Keith's backyard you heard an airplane fly overhead and pointed to the sky. What came out of your mouth stunned me just as much as using a plural tense. 

"Uncle Joe fly airplanes." 



I can only figure that that sentence stemmed from me asking you "is that Unce Joe up there?" whenever we see an airplane fly over. 


A lot of times you'll simply repeat what we tell you or say "Okay" or "no" to things, but, that sentence was all your own, you formulated it and put it together in your own little mind.


No comments:

Post a Comment