Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Today Ava Played Outside

On the heels of one of the worst winter's I've ever experienced, we're slowly being able to answer your cries of "outside?" 

The cabin fever has gotten to us all. 

As I drove up our street after work mom slowly came in to view on the sidewalk to my left. That could only mean one thing, she was taking you for a walk. Sure enough getting closer and closer I could see the long black handle of your pink car come into view and then you being "rock star status" in the driver's seat. 

A smile came over my face the moment you recognized my truck and began to squirm and point. 

I came to your side of the road to hear "Daddy!!!" as mom turned you around and headed back up the driveway. 

It's in the low 70s so why not spend time outdoors? 

Mom said she took you up and down the sidewalk at least a dozen times before I got home. 

I quickly threw the truck in park and hopped out to a dancing girl in the driveway. 

Mom said she intended to let you play with the sidewalk chalk but was unable to find the bucket. I remembered seeing it somewhere recently and after a quick search of the laundry room came back outside with it. 


You were just so excited to be outside that you couldn't contain yourself. The only one that could catch you was ... you!


No comments:

Post a Comment