Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Today Ava Went Shoe Shopping

Daddy needs a new pair of work shoes and while mom was out showing a few homes, we went to DSW. 

Halfway to the shoe store I picked up the $20 off coupon and gave it a look, the sale starts tomorrow ... 

Ah well. We were already on our way so I decided at least we could try some shoes on and know what style and size I want to make it easier when I come back. 

We also needed groceries so it's not like the trip would be a total waste. 

We made a quick pit stop at Kohl's to see if they had any shoes first and to check the clearance racks in the kids clothes. 

You scored two new tee's and a pair of capris. Dad struck out again on the shoes. 

Off to DSW. 

Rocking the new 24 month tee!
As I tried a few shoes on you felt it necessary to touch every single shoe box in the row. 


You weren't causing any trouble and I could keep a close eye on you so I was cool with it. As you began to drift further away from me and got out of my comfort zone I got up to go pick you up. 

When I bent down to lift you and reset you to where I was you yelled "No touch me!!!" 

Oh boy, in today's day and age that is cause for someone to call the cops without hesitation. Good thing mom didn't teach you "STRANGER DANGER!!!" yet.

My face had to be as red as a tomato as I could feel the stares of other customers on me. 

I texted mom about the incident and she said that wasn't what she wanted you to do when she taught you to say that. 

She explained later than one of the other kids at the sitter's has a tendency to push you and take things from you and you'll just accept it and move on. She taught you to say "don't touch me" in hopes that you would tell that to the other kid when you get pushed around a little. 

We all laughed about today, but i sure hope it doesn't happen again!

No comments:

Post a Comment