Thursday, July 17, 2014

Today Ava Didn't See Me

Today was day 1 of not seeing you awake. 

Things seem to have picked up a week earlier than normal. I mean, we're busy normally, but not this busy. Nothing short of an 11.5 hour day so far and the rest of the week isn't looking any more promising. 

The next two weeks are going to be just as long if not longer.

I had to be in early again today and quietly crept out the door so you and mom could sleep as long as possible.


I also had the late softball games tonight which meant that'd you be fast asleep before I got home. Thankfully mom periodically sends me texts and photos so I'm not totally in the dark about the day. 

I thought I would have some time - albeit a few minutes to give you a big squeeze before heading to the ball field but as it turned out mom needed to go to a client's house for paperwork at 7:30 which is when I was finally released at work. So, I missed you guys. 

When I got home from my games you were fast asleep in our bed. I didn't have the heart to put you in your crib so you crashed with us for the night. 

I have to be in at work around 6:00 a.m. tomorrow to film a time lapse of our retail tent installation and I know you won't be up by then so hopefully you'll still be up when I get home!

No comments:

Post a Comment